Morgan’s Rock is located on a 4000-acre expanse of Nicaraguan jungle. Its concept and operation reflects this whimsical feeling of privacy and seclusion. Natural luxury on a private white sand tropical beach, stunning ocean-view bungalows, all within a 4,000-acre jungle define the Morgan’s Rock experience. Morgan´s Rock is a 3 Ocean View Two Bedroom Villas with a private pool and 15-bungalow hideaway on a mile-long picturesque sandy beach, frequented year-round by nesting sea turtles. Nearly half of the vast property is a private reserve. The rest is low-impact agricultural land (a farm called El Aguacate) and sustainable tropical forestland.
Some of the benefits you can enjoy by booking Morgan’s Rock through us are:
· Upgrade to the next best category upon availability
· Welcome drink
· Enjoy a sustainable tour of the hotel
15 bungalows and 3 villas constructed of natural materials are tucked away into the lush jungle. A king-size bed and an exterior hanging daybed suspended by thick marine rope highlight the casual luxury you will experience at Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge. The refreshing private pools and stunning ocean views set the relaxed pace for the duration of your stay. All accommodations have been soundly designed to offer shelter from rain, sun, or wind, yet touching as little of the surrounding nature as possible. The location of all the bungalows was chosen based on the least amount of trees to be cut down, in some instances taking advantage of ridding dead trees. Some may even have a tree growing straight through the roof and all enjoy an indoor garden hosting your own private outdoor shower.
Guests are in for a treat when they dine at Morgan´s Rock, whether at their lovely restaurant overlooking the ocean or over a hearty breakfast of handmade tortillas and gallo pinto (rice and beans) down at the farmhouse. Morgan’s Rock sources 60% of its ingredients from their organic garden and farm. You are welcome to visit their farm, where you can lend a hand collecting eggs, milking the cows, or simply kick back and enjoy a rustic breakfast cooked on the hearth. You will even learn how to make delicious homemade tortillas.
Diners at their comfortable outdoor restaurant and bar will enjoy a variety of special Nicaraguan dishes as well as an array of international flavors using the finest in local ingredients. The restaurant is located on a shady platform overlooking the pool, surrounded by forest, with a stellar view of the private beach and cove. You are invited to sit back with a glass of wine, some freshly caught seafood, and of course the complimentary stunning sunsets which are a nightly indulgence.
Morgan’s Rock offers the perfect family getaway. At the lodge, and in the surrounding 4,000 acres of protected undeveloped forest land including a private reserve, families can bond, play, and discover endlessly.
· Explore a working dairy farm and learn what it takes to get dairy products from farm to table. You will prepare and enjoy a hearty traditional breakfast.
· Learn about how organic agriculture finds the balance between a sustainable ecosystem while satisfying the demand for natural and healthy food.
· Join them in their global initiative and help nature by planting a tree. The trees are a food source for animals living in the forest like the agoutis and monkeys.
· Take a short hike to the premier point from where the view of the stunning sunset disappears into the Pacific.
· Get into the jungle and seek for the three species of monkeys found in the Nicaraguan forest: Howler monkeys, Shy Spider monkeys, and the mischievous White-Faced Capuchins.
HOW TO GET TO MORGAN’S ROCK
Morgan’s Rock is located at Playa Ocotal, Nicaragua. It is about 2.5 hours by car from Managua (Nicaragua’s capital) and the same distance from Liberia Airport in Costa Rica.
Fly to Managua
2.5 hours drive from Managua´s Airport to Morgan´s Rock.
Fly to Liberia
2.5 hours drive from Liberia´s Airport to Morgan´s Rock.
*You can request transportation from the airport to the hotel.