Olas Tulum, located in Tulum, Mexico, is a boutique hotel, a gathering place, and a point of connection between people and nature. This hotel is a place of natural splendor with like-minded people, vibrant food, and a sustainable commitment to this part of the world. Olas is all about making a connection with yourself, the people around you, and the environment. Every moment at Olas, from the first sip of Chiapas’ coffee in the morning to the last sunset of the day, is a celebration of nature. Olas Tulum is located on the southern stretch of Tulum beach which is more quiet and relaxed. Directly to the south of the hotel is the entrance to the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. It is the only property that operates 100% sustainably on the entire beach.
*Olas Tulum has a three-night minimum stay policy.
Some of the benefits you can enjoy by booking Olas Tulum through us are:
· Upgrade to the next best category upon availability
· Welcome drink
· Enjoy a sustainable tour of the hotel
Olas Tulum has just eight suites, all with earthy, organic design schemes that chime perfectly with the landscape. Oceanview Balcony Suites are designed for guests craving for modern style; they’re bright and airy with sleek contemporary bathrooms. For small groups or families, the Oceanfront Master Suite provides plenty of space to spread out and relax, with two king-size beds, open-plan living areas, and a large balcony with a hammock.
Days at Olas are marked with plates of peppery chilaquiles, homemade coconut yogurt, and freshly caught fish turned ceviche squeezed with lime, all shared around one table with your feet in the sand. At the helm of their kitchen is their beloved Chef who sources ingredients from local vendors and farmers.
So what does breakfast at Olas look like? All local and all organic. Freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee sourced from the rainforest of Chiapas. Crunchy homemade granola with freshly-whipped coconut yogurt and fresh fruits from local farmers, followed by a main course that changes daily, sometimes peppery chilaquiles or huevos rancheros.
*Breakfast is included.
For lunch, they pay tribute to all of their favorite regional dishes. Warm batches of homemade tortilla chips served alongside pepita guacamole, tostadas that crackle beneath line-caught tuna with spice-infused sesame, baja style prawn tacos with chipotle aioli, and soft flautas topped with green tomatillo salsa. Salads are made with local ingredients.
Much like Tulum, Olas is a place of discovery. Wander down a pathway to find a quiet place to relax, make your way to the rooftop to sit above the trees. Whether you’re a large party renting the entire property or a guest, these spaces were designed to relax and reconnect.
· Have a good time at the rooftop lounge high above the jungle canopy.
· It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner that wants to try something new or an expert, there’s no better way to start the day than at the jungle yoga studio.
· Enjoy a massage steps away from the beach with the sound of the waves shaded by the canopy of the trees.
· Enjoy the wonder of nature on a boat ride led by Ornithologist, Fernando, through the wetlands of the Sian Ka’an Reserve.
· Experience the Sunset Kayak Tour at the beautiful Muyil lagoon. Enjoy a magical sunset over the reserve and watch the birds fly in to roost for the night.
· Explore the Muyil Jungle and dive into the culture of the Ancient Mayans. After exploring the wetlands, stop to take a magical float down at the freshwater canal.
· Experience a small sacred Maya ceremony, rappel into the cenote and have the opportunity to learn more about this fascinating culture by enjoying a delicious fresh meal prepared by the women of the community.
Olas Tulum is perfect for groups and gatherings, from small weddings and company retreats to just a meeting of old friends and family.
HOW TO GET TO OLAS TULUM
Olas Tulum is located in Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Because of its privacy, this hotel feels like a world away. Walk to the furthest point on the end of the beach road where the Caribbean Sea meets the Sian Ka’an reserve and the bustle of Tulum fades away. That’s where you’ll find Olas Tulum.
Fly to Cancun, Quintana Roo
1 hour 25 minutes drive from Cancun to Tulum.
Fly to Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
50 minutes drive from Playa del Carmen to Tulum.
*Parking is included.
*You can request transportation from the Cancun International Airport to the hotel.