Nested in Mexico’s pristine Pacific coast of Costa Alegre, Cuixmala is an eco-luxury destination set within 30,000 acres of UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Created by Sir James Goldsmith, knighted for his services to ecology, this once private estate is now open as a destination for travelers. The hotel’s secluded location allows you to start the day with an active tropical adventure, and close it with a picnic on a private beach.
Cuixmala’s accommodations offer authentic sustainable luxury. Each of the villas, bungalows, casitas and suites offers breathtaking views, unique design and locally sourced amenities aimed at making your stay unforgettable. Reconnect with nature as you discover the Cuixmala experience.
Cuixmala’s chefs employ seasonal and sustainable produce from the hotel’s own biodynamic farm. Free-range beef, poultry, pork, organic dairy and house-roasted coffee are sourced from its sister property Hacienda de San Antonio.
Restaurant La Loma
Signature fine dining restaurant is set in Cuixmala’s main house with breathtaking panoramic views.
Located near the Casitas, Casa Gomez is an open air dining room with a relaxed atmosphere, where farm fresh produce is used to prepare authentic Mexican flavors.
Situated in an exclusive private beach (30-minute drive), Caleta Blanca beach club is ideal for unwinding. Here, you can enjoy meals prepared with fresh ingredients and enjoy dock-to-table plates.
Experience a unique adventure surrounded by lush green trees, white sands and blue oceans. Cuixmala has dynamic and educational activities available throughout the property
– Go animal watching at “Exoticos”, Cuixmala’s animal sanctuary. Catch sight of a zebra or an eland!
– Go horseback riding along Playa Cuixmala.
– Feel an adrenaline rush as you practice sailing.
– Reconnect with nature when you release sea turtles.
– Visit the “Hortalizas”, Cuixmala’s organic & biodinamic farms where you can pick freshly harvested ingredients. The hotel staff will afterwards invite you to sit back and relax, while a local cook prepares a picnic and sets the table.
– Enjoy a private yoga session in Cuixmala’s incredible studio by the sea or choose any location within the grounds of the hotel which inspire you. Make each yoga session unique and memorable.
– Share a picnic in the secluded Escondida beach.
– Chill at Caleta Blanca beach while enjoying a drink.
HOW TO GET TO CUIXMALA
Cuixmala is located in Costa Alegre, south of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. To reach Cuixmala, the fastest way is by air and then by car.
Fly to Manzanillo (ZLO)
1hr 30min drive to Cuixmala.
Fly to Puerto Vallarta (PVR)
3 hrs drive to Cuixmala.
Rent a Car
We recommend you to rent a car. The size of the property makes this the best way to move from your room to the different activities.
*You can request a private driver for transportation*