Hidden in a cloud forest, Senda Monteverde has the combination of luxury and adventure you’ve been looking for. Zipline through the canopies, hike on hanging bridges, go craft beer tasting or simply enjoy Monteverde’s contemporary design and local cuisine. With only twenty-four suites and rooms, staying-in can be as memorable as venturing out.
Friends, families, adventurers and lovebirds, anyone can find what they need to replenish and recharge in Senda Monteverde. With spacious living areas and private open-air terraces, Senda Monteverde’s Suites feature an open-concept bedroom where you can lay back, relax, and enjoy some peace and quiet surrounded by nature.
Senda Monteverde is all about high quality, local and honest cuisine, creatively prepared and served in a stylish setting. This is why the hotel aims to source its ingredients from as close to home as possible. To achieve this, chefs work closely with local suppliers to ensure that every product is organic, that every chicken is hormone-free, and that every cow is grass-fed.
El Sapo Restaurant & Bar
Feast at El Sapo restaurant & bar, which features international favorites with a local spin. To ensure only the best food is served, every dish is prepared with locally reared meats and poultry, sustainably caught seafood, and a colorful array of plant-based creations. El Sapo also features in-house baked bread which can be paired with organic nut butter and spiced fruit chutneys. Close your day on a high note at El Sapo, with a full glass of South American wine paired with cheeses crafted in Monteverde.
Whether you are a couple escaping from everything and everyone or a busy business maverick craving some adventure, the activities at Senda offer you just what your mind and body needs.
– Explore the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
– Observe the natural wonders of Costa Rica as you ride on the Monteverde Sky Tram.
– Cross canyons and zip through treetops as you enjoy spectacular views.
– Enjoy a hike on the Aguti Wildlife Refuge.
– Go birdwatching and keep an eye open for avian species such as hummingbirds, the resplendent quetzal and the endangered three-wattled bellbird.
– Discover the authentic flavors of Costa Rica at the Don Juan Coffee, Chocolate & Sugar Cane Tour.
– Rappel inside or outside a Ficus tree and experience tree climbing like never before!
– Enjoy an easy guided hike to the iconic Selvatura Park Hanging Bridges.
HOW TO GET TO SENDA MONTEVERDE
Senda Monteverde is located in Monteverde, in Costa Rica’s North-Western highlands; Senda is just minutes from the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
Fly to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
3 hrs drive to Monteverde
4×4 SUV recommended – the final 18km are on gravel road.
Fly to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR)
2.5 hrs drive to Monteverde
*You can request a private driver for transportation*